Creative Action Initiative
In 2020, Kemper Museum launched an innovative project for expanding the power of contemporary art throughout the Kansas City region. Creative Action Initiative convened thirteen local leaders to plan and implement an event promoting civic engagement and voter turn-out, inspired by art and using the Museum as its platform. In 2021 we will continue to serve as a conduit for diverse communities with this important program.
This year's CAI leadership will comprise alumni from 2020 as well as new members. The 2021 cohort will decide the year's theme, and with the support of Museum staff and volunteers, design and execute a new creative action, inviting all people and communities to participate. Keep your eye out for updates and look for the #creativeactionKC hashtag in the fall of 2021!
2021 Participants include:
- Majid Amirahmadi, International Architects Atelier
- Semra Fetahovic, Cultivate KC
- Jessica Manco, Independence School District
- Susan Mong, Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center
- Edgar J. Palacios, Latinx Education Collaborative
- Oz Qureshi, MINDDRIVE
- Jahna Riley, Aya Coffee and Books
- James SugEasy Singleton, Breakfree Kansas City
- Lindsay Smith, The Merry Outlaw
- Denesha Snell, American Public Square
- Angelique Staggs, musician
- Linda Williams, KC MeltingPot Theatre