#creativeactionkc Healing Through Lessons Learned
Created by Creative Action Initiative (CAI), a group of local leaders to plan and implement an initiative promoting civic engagement using Kemper Museum as its platform, this collaborative storytelling project, was produced over the course of 2021 and early 2022.
This initiative provided a platform for people from Kansas City and beyond to share their experiences about living through the pandemic, the lessons they have learned, and their hopes for healing. The result of the project is a collection of stories that explores individual experiences and reveals shared lessons from this challenging time.
Watch the video below or see it installed at Kemper Museum throughout April 2022.
- Majid Amirahmadi, International Architects Atelier
- Jessica Manco, Independence School District
- Edgar J. Palacios, Latinx Education Collaborative
- Oz Qureshi, MINDDRIVE
- Jahna Riley, Aya Coffee and Books
- James SugEasy Singleton, Breakfree Kansas City
- Lindsay Smith, The Merry Outlaw
- Denesha Snell, American Public Square
- Angelique Staggs, musician
- Linda Williams, KC MeltingPot Theatre
2020 #creativeactionkc: GO VOTE!
The result of CAI's community conversations in 2020 was an exuberant display of artworks that defied the pandemic's dampening of community spirit. #creativeactionkc took place online and in a large scale GO VOTE artwork colored in chalk on the Museum's front drive. Creative contributions came from people from diverse corners of the city, expressing individual and collective commitments to Democracy.