Teen Arts Council Coordinator
Department: Learning and Engagement
Classification: Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Creative Engagement Manager
Supervises: Members of the Kemper Teen Arts Council
Date: July 2020
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art seeks a coordinator for the Kemper Teen Arts Council. The Teen Arts Council Coordinator must demonstrate the ability to work with teens ages 14 to 18 and to create innovative engagement opportunities for the teen council members and teens in the Kansas City community. The position is primarily responsible for leading and facilitating council meetings, working with the council to develop teen programs, and coordinating all projects and duties as needed that involve the Kemper Teen Arts Council.
- Lead and facilitate council meetings and teen programs
- Collaborate with the Creative Engagement Manager to create a curriculum for the Kemper Teen Arts Council program
- Oversee and update the Kemper Teens Instagram account
- Facilitate Kemper Teen Arts Council projects
- Connect with organizations and schools in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area to create partnerships and to promote the Kemper Teen Arts Council and teen programs
- Research teen programming at other museums and organizations
- Coordinate the Kemper Arts Council application and interview process
- Manage the Kemper Teen Arts Council budget
- All other duties as assigned
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Cooperation/Teamwork: Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers, and managers; values working relationships.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively.
Oral/Written Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs.
- Must be proficient in Mac OS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as teen programs and meetings may dictate
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with youth preferred
Your resume and cover letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may mail hard copies to:
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
Human Resources Manager
4420 Warwick Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111