Why Support Kemper Gala?
Your support ensures that Kansas City and the wider community have access to world-class exhibitions of modern and contemporary art, education programs for children and learners of all ages, school tours and transportation cost reimbursement, opportunities to engage with artists, and more. As always, there is no admission charge to experience Kemper Museum, one of Kansas City’s only entirely free cultural institutions. We could not do it without you.
In a time when two-thirds of public school teachers believe that arts are being crowded out of the school day, the Museum has designed free programs to help supplement school programs. According to the Americans for the Arts’ Facts & Figures, Students with high arts participation and low socio-economic status are five times more likely to graduate from high school than their peers.
- Kemper Museum contributes to the high quality of life of those who live and work in the Greater Kansas City area. There is never a charge to experience Kansas City’s contemporary art museum.
- Kemper Museum is a 501c3 non-profit organization, and an important part of the civic fabric of Kansas City, last year celebrating its 20th Anniversary.
- The Permanent Collection has grown from 300 works of art to more than 1,400 and is now accessible online.
- Each year nearly 100,000 people visit one or more of the three locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Nearly 5,000 schoolchildren tour annually, 20% utilize a generous transportation cost-reimbursement program.
- Camp Kemper is a free spring break and summer art camp for children ages 6-11.
- ArtReach is a collaborative project with the Center for Child Health and Development at the University of Kansas Medical Center, offering free workshops for children with and without developmental disabilities.
- The No Boundaries Teen Art Initiative, introduced in 2014, inspires and mentors a diverse group of 13-15 year old students from across the Kansas City Metro Area in a free eight-week program at Kemper at the Crossroads.
- On-line and Social Media reach: 169,000 annual visits to the Kemper Museum website www.kemperart.org; 41,000+ follow the Kemper Museum on Facebook; 16,800 follow the Museum on Twitter; 5,405 follow the Museum on Instagram.