Why Support Kemper Gala?
Your support ensures that Kansas City and the wider community have access to world-class exhibitions of modern and contemporary art, education programs for children and learners of all ages, school tours and transportation cost reimbursement, opportunities to engage with artists, and more. As always, there is no admission charge to experience Kemper Museum, one of Kansas City’s only entirely free cultural institutions. We could not do it without you.
In a time when two-thirds of public school teachers believe that arts are being crowded out of the school day, Kemper Museum has designed free programs to help supplement school programs. According to the Americans for the Arts’ Facts & Figures, Students with high arts participation and low socio-economic status are five times more likely to graduate from high school than their peers.
- Kemper Museum contributes to the high quality of life of those who live and work in the Greater Kansas City area. There is never a charge to experience Kansas City’s contemporary art museum.
- Kemper Museum is a 501c3 non-profit organization, and an important part of the civic fabric of Kansas City.
- The Permanent Collection has grown from 300 works of art to more than 1,400 and is now accessible online.
- Over 8,000 school-aged youth tour annually, of those over 3,200 benefitted from a generous transportation cost-reimbursement program.
- Camp Kemper is a free art camp taking place three times a year for children ages six to twelve.
- ArtReach is a collaborative project with the Center for Child Health and Development at the University of Kansas Medical Center, offering free workshops for children on the autism spectrum and their family members.
- The Kemper Teen Arts Council, introduced in 2018, is an arts-based youth development program for Kansas City-area teens.
- Online and Social Media reach: more than 100,000 annual visits to kemperart.org; 49k+ follow Kemper Museum on Facebook; 20k+ follow the Museum on Twitter; 13k+ follow the Museum on Instagram.