Why support the work of Kemper Museum?
Kemper Museum demonstrates how the art and artists of our time spark inspiration and deepen understanding of the world around us.
Your support ensures access to world-class exhibitions of contemporary art, educationprograms for all ages, school tours and transportation cost reimbursement, opportunities to engage with artists, and quality digital content available everywhere. As always, there is no admission charge to experience Kemper Museum, one of Kansas City’s only entirely free cultural institutions.
We could not do it without you!
Even today, as Kemper Museum is carefully making plans to reopen, an unprecedented and growing number of people are finding tangible resources provided as virtual experiences by the Museum, inspiring creativity, and impacting visitors of all ages, accessible from everywhere.
Over the past several months, staff have been building content for the Museum’s website and smartphone app, and have launched a series of engaging new social media campaigns to celebrate the artists and works in the Permanent Collection. New programs send free art materials to those who register, in conjunction with a virtual event to explore the thematic issues presented. One series called Virtual Playdates has been viewed more than 43,000 times!
- Kemper Museum contributes to the high quality of life of those who live and work in the Greater Kansas City area. There is never a charge to experience Kansas City’s contemporary art museum.
- Kemper Museum is a 501c3 non-profit public charity, and an important part of the civic fabric of Kansas City.
- The Permanent Collection has grown from 300 works of art to more than 1,400 and is accessible online.
- Last year 77,306 people visited including 15,701 people who participated in 19 varieties of free educational programs numbering more than 800 sessions, including 3,913 students who benefitted from a generous transportation cost-reimbursement program.
- Online and Social Media reach: more than 131,000 annual visits to kemperart.org; 48k+ follow Kemper Museum on Facebook; 20k+ follow the Museum on Twitter; 17k+ follow the Museum on Instagram.