Welcome back to Kemper Museum!
RESERVE YOUR TICKETS HERE.
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art will be reopening for a special “members-only” preview week, Wednesday, October 14, through Sunday, October 18, featuring new exhibitions by Elias Sime, Joiri Minaya, and Dawoud Bey. The Museum will then open to the general public on Wednesday, October 21.
New open hours:
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Monday & Tuesday Closed
As part of KC Culture Cares and Missouri ArtSafe, we are doing all that we can to keep visitors and staff safe while enjoying the Museum. Therefore, your visiting experience will look a little different with certain COVID-19 safety measures in place. Here is what you can expect upon reopening:
Museum capacity will be limited. We require a FREE timed-entry ticket for each visitor. You must register each member of your party individually for the purposes of contact tracing. You may use the same email address for minors or those without email addresses. Printed copies of your tickets will not be needed. We will be inviting you to arrive within the hour of your reservation, and to stay as long as you like.
CHECK-IN & ENTRANCE/EXITS
Entry to Kemper Museum is limited to the WEST side entrance. Check-in will take place inside these doors. All other entrances are exit only.
SAFETY GUIDELINES & SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Masks are required at all times for visitors and staff and must cover both the nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask we will provide one. Click HERE to review guidelines issued by the City of Kansas City, Missouri, which lists exceptions and FAQs about our mask requirement and city orders.
- All visitors and staff are expected to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Use of hand sanitizer and regular hand washing is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer is available for public use throughout the building and all Museum surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Restrooms have reduced capacity and drinking fountains are closed. Wheelchairs and gallery stools are available upon request. Exhibition brochures will not be available to minimize surface contact.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES & MUSEUM PROGRAMS
- At this time, there are no interactive materials within the Museum. However, we are offering many free virtual programs for all ages. Check out the online Calendar for more information about our upcoming events.
- See our Virtual Exploration page for additional ways to engage with the Museum, such as access to artist talks, art-making videos, our entire Permanent Collection, and the Special Exhibition via Google Arts & Culture.
- Use the Kemper Museum app to access self-guided tours of select exhibitions. The app is available for download from the Apple Store (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch), and as a web app for any other device, including desktop viewing.
The Museum Shop will be open with capacity limited to two customers at a time. You can also explore the Shop online.
Café Sebastienne will be open beginning Wednesday, October 21 for carry-out, curbside pickup, and limited self-service dine-in capacity. You can make reservations and order in advance by calling 816-561-7740 or in person at the Café host stand. If you are dining or picking up at the Café, a Museum ticket is required for entry into the building.
Lunch: Wednesday through Friday, 11:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Due to social distancing regulations, Kemper Museum docents are offering alternatives to group tours. Visit our Tours page for more information.