Plan your visit
Plan your visit
RESERVE FREE TIMED TICKETS HERE.
Need help? Call (816) 753-5784
New open hours:
Monday & Tuesday Closed
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
As part of KC Culture Cares and Missouri ArtSafe, we are doing all that we can to keep visitors and staff safe while enjoying the Museum. Therefore, your visiting experience will look a little different with certain COVID-19 safety measures in place. Here is what you can expect upon reopening:
Museum capacity will be limited. We require a FREE timed-entry ticket for each visitor. You must register each member of your party individually for the purposes of contact tracing. We encourage you to reserve your tickets in advance at the link above, but tickets will be available for walk-ins if capacity limits have not been reached. You may use the same email address for minors or those without email addresses. Printed copies of your tickets will not be needed. We invite you to arrive within the hour of your reservation, and to stay as long as you like. Your confirmation of timed-entry tickets acts as your acceptance of and agreement to follow Kemper Museum visitor guidelines.
CHECK-IN & ENTRANCE/EXITS
Entry to Kemper Museum is limited to the WEST side entrance. Check-in will take place inside these doors. All other entrances are exit only.
SAFETY GUIDELINES & SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- For the safety of our visitors and staff who have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask while inside the building. Thank you for helping us keep Kemper Museum accessible to all. If you do not have a mask we can provide one.
Museum facilities will be routinely sanitized.
- All visitors and staff are expected to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Use of hand sanitizer and regular hand washing is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer is available for public use throughout the building and all Museum surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Restrooms have reduced capacity and drinking fountains are closed. Wheelchairs and gallery stools are available upon request. Exhibition brochures will not be available to minimize surface contact.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art is striving to make the visitor experience as contactless as possible.
- Plexiglass screens are being implemented to protect employees and guests.
- Museum protection staff will be available to open doors for guests when possible.
- Café Sebatienne, upon reopening on October 21, will transition from a full service fine-dining experience to a fast-casual restaurant. Guests will order from a menu-board, receive a number, and servers will bring meals on trays.
- As timed-entry tickets are required for entry to the Kemper Museum building, they are also required in order for guests to access Café Sebastienne.
- Carry out, curbside pickup, and limited-service indoor dining will be available with minimal-contact procedures in place.
- Tables will be at least 10 feet apart.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES & MUSEUM PROGRAMS
- At this time, there are no interactive materials within the Museum. However, we are offering many free virtual programs for all ages. Check out the online Calendar for more information about our upcoming events.
- See our Virtual Exploration page for additional ways to engage with the Museum, such as access to artist talks, art-making videos, our entire Permanent Collection, and the Special Exhibition via Google Arts & Culture.
- Use the Kemper Museum app to access self-guided tours of select exhibitions. The app is available for download from the Apple Store (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch), and as a web app for any other device, including desktop viewing.
The Museum Shop will be open with capacity limited to three customers at a time. You can also explore the Shop online.
Café Sebastienne is open with safety precautions to protect our visitors, staff, and the Kansas City community.
Lunch: Wednesday through Friday, 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 10:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Menus change frequently to feature seasonal and local ingredients. You can find our current menus here.
If you are visiting the museum and would like to order a carry out to enjoy after your visit, you may call ahead to place your order (816.457.6172) or order in person at the Café host stand. Find out more about Museum safety precautions here.
To visit the café in person, guests need timed tickets to enter Kemper Museum, and we are not currently accepting reservations due to capacity limits.
Seating is limited for social distancing with tables placed at least 10 feet apart in the enclosed courtyard.
Due to social distancing regulations, Kemper Museum docents are offering alternatives to group tours. Visit our Tours page for more information.
RESERVE YOUR TICKETS HERE.