Plan your visit
Plan your visit
RESERVE FREE TIMED TICKETS HERE.
Need help? Call (816) 753-5784
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art is open with certain COVID-19 safety measures in place. As part of KC Culture Cares and Missouri ArtSafe, we are doing all that we can to keep visitors and staff safe while enjoying the Museum. Therefore, your visiting experience will look a little different. Here is what you can expect:
Monday & Tuesday Closed
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Museum capacity will be limited. We encourage a FREE timed-entry ticket for each visitor. Printed copies of your tickets are not needed. We invite you to arrive within the hour of your reservation, and stay as long as you like.
CHECK-IN & ENTRANCE/EXITS
Entry to Kemper Museum is limited to the WEST side entrance. Check-in will take place inside these doors. All other entrances are exit only.
- Masks are required inside the building. Thank you for helping us keep Kemper Museum accessible to all. If you do not have a mask we can provide one.
- All visitors and staff are expected to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Use of hand sanitizer and regular hand washing is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building and all surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Drinking fountains are closed. Wheelchairs and gallery stools are available upon request. To minimize surface contact there are no interactive materials within the Museum.
- Kemper Museum strives to make the visitor experience as contactless as possible. Plexiglass screens are being implemented to protect employees and guests. Museum protection staff will be available to open doors for guests when possible.
VACCINATION / PCR TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL EVENTS & PUBLIC PROGRAMS
For the safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff members, all public programs and private events will require proof of vaccination or negative PCR test result. Please be prepared to show a photo ID as well as one of the following:
- Your vaccination card, showing fully vaccinated status
- A photo of your vaccination card, showing fully vaccinated status
- Your vaccine record from third-party digital apps
- Negative PCR test result dated within 72 hours of the event
People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, OR two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
For detailed information about vaccination and testing requirments for special events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES & MUSEUM PROGRAMS
- Check out the online Calendar for more information about our upcoming in-person, virtual, and hybrid events and enjoy self-guided activities and free take-home art kits at the museum (while supplies last).
- See our Virtual Exploration page for additional ways to engage with the Museum, such as access to artist talks, art-making videos, our entire Permanent Collection, and the special exhibitions via Google Arts & Culture.
The Museum Shop is open. You can also shop online.
Café Sebastienne is open with safety precautions to protect our visitors, staff, and the Kansas City community.
Lunch: Wednesday through Friday, 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 10:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Menus change frequently to feature seasonal and local ingredients. You can find our current menus here.
If you are visiting the museum and would like to order a carry out to enjoy after your visit, you may call ahead to place your order (816.457.6172) or order in person at the Café host stand. Find out more about Museum safety precautions here.
To visit the café in person, guests need timed tickets to enter Kemper Museum, and we are not currently accepting reservations due to capacity limits.
Seating is limited for social distancing with tables placed at least 10 feet apart in the enclosed courtyard.
Due to social distancing regulations, Kemper Museum docents are offering alternatives to group tours. Visit our Tours page for more information.
RESERVE YOUR TICKETS HERE.